Know Your Medical Hair Restoration Pros and Cons
Today we have more hair restoration options available to us than ever before and this wide-spread availability of options means that more people are using hair restoration products, medicines and procedures to achieve their hair goals. But are all hair restoration options equally effective? Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of medical hair restoration.
Men and women both enjoy the benefits of hair restoration which can be summarized as:
- CONVENIENT: Medical Hair Restoration is an easy way to slow down hairless and preserve the hair you have.
- EFFECTIVE: Medication like Propecia has been heavily researched and tested to prove it’s effectiveness. Male-pattern baldness in some studies dropped by 60% in men who took Propecia every day.
- AFFORDABILITY: Depending on the medication, medical hair restoration may not be “cheap,” but when you compare it to the alternatives, it’s the more affordable option.
- NON-SURGICAL: Many like this options because it is non-surgical, however, if you do opt for hair restoration surgery, medical hair restoration can complement the results of the transplanted hair.
Now that we’ve covered the basics of the Pros list, let’s look at the Cons.
- EXCEPTIONS: While medical hair restoration works great for many people, for some people it may not be as effective as hair transplant surgery. As with anything, there are always going to be exceptions to the rule.
- MAINTENANCE: Medical hair restoration of the topical or oral kind require continued use to be effective. It is also important to tell your doctor that you are using medical hair restoration any time you go in for a health check-up or test, because the medication could interact negatively with other medications.
The first step when considering your hair restoration options is to have a consultation with a professional who can help asses your unique situation, medical history, and goals to determine the best plan of action for you. You’ll want to ask about the pros and cons of the recommended treatment and weight those options for yourself.